Racing for Fun!
Racing at Redesmere is a very social occasion, with something for everyone, from serious competitors to complete beginners and all Members are welcome to come along and Try Racing at any time, whether they have their own boat or not. Club Boats and Buoyancy Aids are always available free of charge and without pre-booking. In particular, the season includes a number of fun and/or novice events geared towards the less experienced sailors and novice racers trying their hand at something a little different.
- Bart's Bash; an annual charity and social event to get as many boats on the water competing at least one lap of the lake to raise money for the Andrew Simpson Foundation
- "Quest Relay" Race; a fun team-relay race run on the Sunday of one of our Sleepover weekends with a series of randomly decided forfeits to add 'interest.' There's no need to have a 'team' to take part, these are put together on the day from amongst the participants.
- Bandit Trophy; a light-hearted event including two PY (boat) Handicap races and two Personal Handicap races, with three results counting towards final Bandit placings - giving everyone an equal chance
- Enterprise Bowl; an event for two-handed boats only and an ideal chance to pair-up with a more experienced racer in a Members' boat or one of the Club's Quest dinghies to learn a little more; alternatively, bring a friend or pair-up on the day at the Club
- Four weeks of Summer Wine Personal Handicap racing, so that novices and 'old-timers' are on a level playing field
Alongside these, each of the Club's racing events has separate results for Novice and Junior participants and in the Autumn there is a dedicated race series for both Novices and Juniors.