Winter Working Parties
Published 00:00 on 17 Dec 2018
With the close of the 'official' Club sailing season, now is the time when Club Members 'do their bit' for Clb improvement and maintenance works, prior to the start of next season's sailing.
Key priorities this winter include
- 'Bigger and Better' Open Access Facilities for Club Boats and equipment
- Re-arrange Club Boat boat park
- Major review and maintenance of Club Boats, in preparation for new Club Boats arrivals in March
- Lopping of tree growth around the lake perimeter (& bonfires!)
- plus all the usual general maintenance and 'tidy-up' required to keep the Club in good shape
Work Parties are generally held fortnightly on alternating Saturdays and Sundays, with details published via Email and in the Club Calendar page of the website. These are always very sociable affairs, as well as productive, with the Social Committee providing a steady supply of hot drinks and filling hot lunch.
All Members are reminded that it is a requirement of Membership that they attend at least two full Work Parties each season - Redesmere is after all a Club run by its Members for its Members.