Winter Working Parties
Published 12:00am on 14 Dec 2019
With the close of the 'official' Club sailing season, now is the time when Club Members 'do their bit' for Clb improvement and maintenance works, prior to the start of next season's sailing.
Key priorities this winter include
- Refresh and improve Clubhouse Galley, Bar and Clubroom areas
- Re-arrange Club Boat boat park, for new RS Neos
- Lopping of tree growth around the lake perimeter (& bonfires!)
- General tree pruning, ground clearance, building painting etc
- plus all the usual maintenance and 'tidy-up' required to keep the Club in good shape
Work Parties are generally held fortnightly on alternating Saturdays and Sundays, with details published via Email and in the Club Calendar page of the website. These are always very sociable affairs, as well as productive, with the Social Committee providing a steady supply of hot drinks and filling hot lunch.
All Members are reminded that it is a requirement of Membership that they attend at least two full Work Parties each season - Redesmere is after all a Club run by its Members for its Members.